The Good Shepherd Recovery House Live-In House Leader position offers free room (single room with bathroom) and food and a $100/wk stipend in return for help overseeing the men in the program.
The position requires maintaining the balance between supporting and interacting with the men and upholding a standard of professionalism that reminds the men that you are first and foremost there to ensure their safety and compliance with House rules.
***You can work a part- or full-time job outside of the house.***
- A minimum of one (1) year of sobriety.
- Driver’s License
- Clean driving record
- Clean background check
- Ensure that the men are at breakfast at 6 am and remain on site until 7 am on weekdays and return to the House by
- 7 pm on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and alternating Friday nights
- Oversee men on alternating weekends
- Drive the men in the Passenger Van to and from Church on alternating Sunday mornings in Canton and oversee visitation at the House in the afternoon
- Complete 30 hours of continuing education regarding recovery throughout the year (Good Shepherd pays for or provides classes)
- Provide at least one (1) week’s notice for schedule changes and time off
- Willing to abide by and uphold the policies and procedures for our Recovery House as stated in our Policies and Procedures.
- Sign a one (1) year commitment and provide sixty (60) days notice prior to leaving the position
- Men with a flexible schedule (i.e. work part-time, are retired, or have a separate income or stipend) who can help transport men during the day to appointments
- Men with a desire to minister to, mentor men with, and learn about substance abuse issues
For more information, please call the Executive Director, Ronnie Haynes at 678-459-2347. To apply for the position, please complete this Job Application and email it to info AT gsrecovery.org.